Friday 2 March 2012

Stages of Grief 1st is Denial

Here is the stages of grief i have found, i actually thing they are more emotions we need to go through. My emotions havent necassarly come in this order i have found ive worked through some and still working through others. I think first for me was denial.
Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
Anger (why is this happening to me?)
Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
Depression (I don't care anymore)
Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

I have to say when i was first diagnosed i really wasnt that concerned i didnt doubt i wouldnt get through having cancer i did doubt however ever getting through never having another pregnancy. I really didnt think there would be any stages of grief but there is and here is how these stages have gone for me.

DENIAL: Initially i told myself ok this is happening to me off course it is life just couldnt be simple could it. Then i went into denial and decided this is NOT happening to me and im not doing it. I told my dr i am NOT having a hysterectomy and i was going to do what ever it took to have another baby even at the cost of my health i just didnt care. After all i put myself through 5 years of surgery and IVF to get our daughter then after her a few more years of surgies and IVF so no cancer was going to take what i have worked so hard for over the years to keep. I have never felt so ripped off as what i do all those years of enduring pain to have a family almost felt a waste. Certainly not having my daughther is a waste but the last few years i feel i have lost. Its been 10 years of trying to get pregnant so for it to end like this i just couldnt believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment